Monday 21 May 2012

Book Review on 'The Undomestic Goddess' by Sophie Kinsella.

I've always been more of a dark fantasy reader, but my mum recently gave me this book to read saying I would laugh out loud, and boy did I. I absolutely loved it. The whole concept of the book was amazing! The story line was fascinate and you couldn't really predict what was going to happen next! (Which is the best thing about reading, is not being able to guess what's going to happen).

The book is about Samantha Sweeting, she is a top lawyer and is an absolute workaholic. She is so close to getting a partnership  in her law firm when she makes a huge mistake. She runs away and finds herself working as a housewife in someone's home. The only problem is, she can't even cook. It's bloody hysterical and I recomend it to anyone!


One of the best things about this book and others that I have read by Sophie is that you can relate to her charters, they do some pretty embarrassing things, as in 'The Undomestic Goddess' as she tries to do a job that she was just not meant to do. Also they have a little romance in them, well in this book quite a lot. :)

I ill be doing some more reviews on her books in the next week and I will also be looking at some dark fanatsy books I've read!

No comments:

Post a Comment