Tuesday 22 May 2012

Book Review on fallen series by Lauren Kate

I have to say that this is one of those books that should not go on. I am in the middle of the third book and am not enjoying it :/ To be honest it is a load of shit.
The first book was really good I'll giver lauren credit for that, I mean I couldn't put it down, the second one was alright although was a lot like the first one until the end. Now the third one is absolutely shocking!
The first one is about a girl called Luce who moves to a private school or something, she meets Daniel there and they fall in love blah blah blah. It is quite clique I mean they have had past lives together which ended in her dying and Daniel living on for eternity, so not very original but with all do respect the writer wrote it VERY well. The second book is where she has to move somewhere else in order to escape the curse (I'm trying not to give the plot away). The third one is just her watching her past lives with Daniel, it's really boring!
The really annoying thing about the books is that I didn't really understand most of it, and that is the worst thing about dark fantasy is not understanding really what's happening in the book or not following well. This then leads to skipping pages and then when you actually finish the book it's not so great. In the second book I was completely confused because Lauren introduced these new charters called Announcers
or something and the whole thing went upside down from there.

I'd recommend this book to people who like either the immortals series, twilight or the vampire diaries otherwise I wouldn't bother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment