Tuesday 8 October 2013

White House Down

These films are always the same. Americanised, over violent and force a romance. Well that's what I thought this film would be like. However I found myself stuck on the edge of my seat, biting my nails not daring to blink. Yes, a very good film indeed.

I did really go to watch this film with a closed mind, even when it first started I turned to my friend and sighed, distort it would've been one of 'those' films. However the story-line was incredibly gripping and the fate of the characters were completely unknown and left you guessing until the end. The plot had many twists and the way in which the director, Roland Emmerich let some of the main characters be killed off gave it the realism that it needed.

Channing Tatum, the star of the film playing John Cale is often seen as the ron-com actor, however there wasn't much romance about him. INstead his heart was set on finding his daughter and showing her that he is her true hero. Whilst the film was a bit sketchy in places and you cringed back into your seat, I felt that this was a very good film, and those parts had to bring you back down to reality, otherwise I wouldn't have wanted it to end!

-The Slug

No comments:

Post a Comment