Thursday 16 August 2012

Film review on 'The Dark Night Rises'

I have never really been a fan of big action films, but I have always enjoyed the The Dark Night trilogy.  Although when this last film came out I was a bit skeptical about the choice of actors playing the parts. I was confident that Christian Bale would play Batman as well as he has done in the past, but I thought the choice of bringing Ann Hathaway (Star of The Devil wears Prada and many others) to play catwoman. Someone who has been an actress in romcoms and chick flicks that I though this dark, violent film would be the better of her, but instead she told the role and boy did she play it well, as did Tom Hardy did playing Bane who put his silly charter from "This Means War 'away and brought out this dark, and clever villan bringing out moves from his film 'Warrior.'

Christopher Nolan took this epic superhero and made it into a masterpiece. I have nothing but good things to say about this film, everyone played their part terifically (which is a change from most of the films coming out) and the story-line literally had me st on the edge of my seat. Everything was completely unpredictable. I mean you could see how the charters will develop into the other well known heroes, but you saw nothing else coming apart from the last minute or so, which closes the dark night tale, but leaves others on a sort of cliff-hanger. If you go into that cinema with no idea on what will happen you will leave with a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment